Monday, March 21, 2011

Running Away

After 5+ weeks of going nonstop with teams and travel I
am PRAISING God this week I am team free. When my team
left Sat. morning I quickly did a clean sweep of the dorm,
threw a packed bag into the bus, then ran away to Portmore
for the weekend.

Once I arrived at Tashi's she informed me of the "rules"
for the weekend. (I rolled my eyes as I accepted:)
Rule #1 She is the leader and I must follow.
(this rule came in handy when she would give
me tons of options and I don't like to make decisions
so I could simply inform her I was there to follow:)

Rule #2 I couldn't drive we would only take public
transportation as we went around Portmore and Kingston.
(this rule was set up since I have never in my 3+ years here
taken public transportation)


After an afternoon of making cookies for Sunday after
church we took a bus into Kingston. Our first stop was
Little Tokyo for supper.
we then walked around some stopping at a wedding dress
shop and a fabric store to see possible wedding options.
Once back at halfway tree we got on bus 83 (see Tashi
I was paying attention:)
to take us to Emancipation Park.
We then walked/ran around Emancipation Park while
chatting and enjoying a beautiful Kingston evening.
(Praise Jesus for girls nights out!)
Sunday I went to church at Calabar. I had never been
before and I have always wanted to go to the Deaf Church
in Kingston. And they were announcing (pic above) Blake
and Tashi's engagement and giving them an opportunity to
share their story in church so I was thankful I could go and
support them on their big day.


This is a short video clip from the service at
Calabar. Pastor Damian was there to preach,
and The Open Bible Church from St. Elizabeth
was there too yesterday. Damian would
sign in JSL for the service then Pauline (Tashi's
mom) would translate the JSL to Country Sign
for those from the Open Bible Church who
only sign in Country Sign. It was very cool to see.

Thank You Jesus for Much Needed Weekends Away!

1 comments:

sarah said...

I really think you should've taken that picture and put it on here;)