Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Welcome to MTI


Hi Everyone, I just finished my first day of training and thought i would update you. I think the only way to describe it is INTENSE. They go deep and stay deep ripping you out of your comfort zone and opening your heart to give you the best possible training for the mission field. All our instructors are missionaries (as they put it )who have been bruised and beaten and are now here to share there experiences with us to help us learn. I am in the SPLICE program and that stands for
Spiritual Resources (bible studies, spiritual vitality, Sabbath/rest/soul care)
Personal Growth (Values, stress, grief/loss)
Lifestyle Adaption (MK realities, singleness issues, transition, lifestyle choices)
Interpersonal Skills (conflict, your true colors under stress, moral purity, hellos and goodbyes)
Cultural Adjustments (Crossing cultures, language)
Endurance/Enjoyment (expectations, paradox, praying around the world)

In this program there are 38 adults, 21 Children, 17 organizations represented and 19 different mission fields. GOD IS SO GOOD! Its great to come to a place where you all have the same calling, are all brothers and sisters in Christ, and can understand where they are coming from and they understand where you are at and what they are going through. ok I have homework to do so i wish you all a most WONDERFUL night. I love you.
be blessed and be a blessing -Erin-

3 comments:

Caleb said...

Awesome to hear how God is preparing laborers to send into the plentiful harvest.

praying for you all

wits

sarah said...

Hey Erin thanks for doing this blog. It will be nice to be updated. Praying for ya!

Becki said...

Erin, this is great. It took me awhile to find it. It will be great to keep up with what is new in your life. Love Ya, Becki