Thursday, August 28, 2008

Random Updates

So this Morning Kirk informed me Gustav is getting stronger and is now moving toward us! I'm kinda excited to experience my first hurricane (my mind may change later as I am actually experiencing it). As I sit here and watch the weather channel they just keep saying watch out Jamaica! We are under a hurricane WARNING. So we shall see what happens. I got the call from Mrs. deMercado (the principal) to go and start covering up as much as possible. And I was planning on doing laundry today. Looks like my plans are being changed for me.
I ask for prayers for my friends Sheldon and Rachel Burket as they are flying back to the states tomorrow to attend college again in GA. They have become such a constant in my life, a strong, wonderful example to all those around them. I have come to truly respect and love them and they will be missed greatly. Please pray for their safety as they travel and wisdom and a calming peace about them as they adjust to American living again.
I am also supposed to play interpreter for Felicia (good friend and pastor's wife) tomorrow as she has a lunch interview with Goshen College from Indiana. From what little I know as of now I think she is going to start teaching a class for them. I don't know if this will be via the Internet or how this will work but if you could pray for me and clearness in my signs and full understanding so I can properly convey the message that would be great. Thanks so much and have a great day. Time to go cover the school!
I love you
Be blessed and be a blessing
Erin

3 comments:

Kristy said...

I keep checking for updates on 'gustov' or whatever. I'M PRAYING FOR YOU ALL!! It sounds like it's still a tropical storm, but still! I'd be the same way - excited, but when it came down to it, a lil freaked out. :) Keep us updated....love you!

sarah said...

Just make sure you keep an umbrella with you. That should do it.

Anonymous said...

Erin D! I will be praying that you and everyone else will be ok. My parents were in a hurricane once and they said the same thing it was exciting but also scary. Thinking of you lots!!