Saturday, April 10, 2010

O... To Have A Social Life!

Tamara's Back!!!!


or she was until about 1:30 this afternoon when my heart was broken a little
as I said goodbye to her at the airport.
I praise God for the gift of her in my life.
She is SO good for my heart!
(I'm a huge fan of her if you can't tell:)
(Love this "effect" on the photo program because its what
I see through my "rose" colored/coolest glasses ever at the beach)

She got in Late Thursday night/Early Friday Morning so we spent the
first few days of her trip enjoying the beach.
Sunday we were able to go to church at JDV then get in on the Easter
Meal at Church so she could catch up with all her friends at the village.
Monday we had our "Easter" meal as a team over at Hubers.
This consisted of an afternoon with LOTS of food and fun games
and great fellowship.
Tuesday we were off to Y.S. Falls for swimming
Enjoying the cold salt free water at the falls.

Then we went to Little Ochie for supper where I was able to enjoy
festival and Okra
(something I haven't eaten since living with Grandpa.)
while the rest of the group enjoyed jerked/steamed snapper.

(before the construction of the beds)

Wednesday we drove down to Kingston to take Blake home, so Tamara
could see the campus, and to help assemble the new bunk beds the factory
made for the team dorms.
That afternoon we constructed 10 bunk beds...
we did it real quick too!
I was impressed with our speed.
Pictures were then taken since Blake was staying in Kingston
Gunnar (intern) Blake, Tamara, and I
Thursday we spent the day around home setting up for the work team,
making homemade ravioli's and Italian bread, putting up bulletin boards
in the school, laundry and cleaning.
Then Friday and Today we spent as much time at the beach as possible
Enjoying the PERFECT Jamaican Days and meeting Warren and Jen, Gunnar,
and Marie For supper Friday Night and Breakfast This morning.
A great Week!
A Social Life!
How Blessed I Am!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite weeks:) Had such an amazing time.....Anyone who gets to go and have an amazing week with Erin should!!! If ya didn't know I am a huge fan also:):)
T<><