Sunday, September 19, 2010

Hello Sunshine!

Its back! The sunshine is shining... at least part of the day
I have hunted down and acquired a key to the playground
and now daily the kids are knocking on my door signing
swing? swing? swing?
The first day I opened the play ground it was COMPLETE chaos.
I last for about 2 hours before I locked the gate and went home:)
The next day we tried again...
this time I let the little kids in for an hour
then I let the big kids in for an hour. SO MUCH BETTER!
Everyone got a turn on the swings and I wasn't constantly running
in circles around the play area making sure the little kids didn't get taken
out by the big kids and that everyone who wanted to swing got an
opportunity. Added to my list of jobs: Play ground monitor:)
Nickayala still very cautious when around all the kids.
She is usually just content to sit by me on the bench.
Paris sliding down the pole
Jesimar like most of the other boys start at the
bottom and climb up the pole instead of starting
at the top and sliding down:)
Britini who has adapted quickly and has
no fear having fun acting like she is going
to go across the monkey bars.
Shennel Smith one of our new transfers from
Brownstown Deaf School.
Moeisha seeing how high she can swing
Matthew playing in the sand.
The dorm moms always yell at them if they seem them
playing in the sand, but I figure there boys and are going to
get dirty so let them have their fun.
Javaghn holding onto the pole with one arm like
he doesn't have a care in the world. The strength
of some of these kids amazes me.

Yay! for the first week of breaking in the new playground.
Yay! for lotion to sooth burns from sitting outside for hours
while the kids break in the new playground!

0 comments: