Saturday, November 3, 2007

A New Experience











Hello Everyone!
I pray that you are having a wonderful weekend! So today Mr. Jones dropped of FRESH chickens, vegtables and eggs for the plattners and I so tonight Miss. Angela was a blessing and came and showed Keri and I how to cut up a chicken. It was a new experience and something I will definitely have to continue to work on. Every time I would get a piece cut off Miss Angela would look at me and sign WRONG! She knew where all the right places to cut were and I was sure struggling finding those places! The only knives we had were cheap ones too so that didn't help the situation any. BUT now I have at least a months worth of chicken in my freezer, and this is something that I'm sure Keri and I will get to do over and over and over again. We where not prepared this time as Keri and I were just planning on figuring it out by following book instructions. Miss. Angela stopped by and helped us, she asked for vinegar (we didn't have any), and then starts hacking away at this chicken and parts and fluids (sorry if that's to descriptive) where flying EVERYWHERE! lots of disinfecting will have to be done. OK its getting late so I need to go. I love you. Be blessed and be a blessing.-Erin-

1 comments:

megs said...

my sister jodi has chickens. one day when i was home visiting we decided one needed to be put out of i's misery so we did something a bit similar... i think we had more fun than you did though.... :) what can i say?? we're hick raised chics from stark county!! :D maybe next time i'll be down there to help you!! that would be fun!