Saturday, November 17, 2007

Open Day






















Hey Everyone! Today was a beautiful sunny day with NO RAIN! praise the Lord. It has been a good week. The big event for the week was open day for the vocational students on Thursday. All the students in the heart programs from around the area got together here at CCCD KP and it was a day to see what others have made and do demonstrations. Some of the different groups were sewing (as you can see by the beautiful peach bathroom set!), Towel folding, food preparation, woodworking, computers, cosmetology, and many more. It was a day full of music fun and food. There was a steel drum band (instead of a school marching band they play the steel drums), and a dj who kept games and music going most of the day. The picture of the head board is one that our boys here at cccd kp made. the furniture that comes out of that shop is just beautiful! Today we finally got kirk and Keri (and boys) out of the great mouse house and into their apt. We spent a good part of the day cleaning and scrubbing mold off walls. It has been about a month since we arrived and in that time I have already had to call on Richard twice to come and unlock doors for me! Once the bathroom door got locked and all the knobs on all the doors have keys you can't just push a paper clip in there and pop the lock. so he had to come and get the lock open for me, then last night I locked myself out of my apt! so again he had to come and let me in! With the wet weather and humidity smells are EVERYWHERE! I also learned I have to Lysol my shoes after they have been in the rain or the next time I go to put them on they will be growing mold. Also the picture of the the lady applying the makeup (the one in grey with the burgundy hair) is my roommate Kadene Harvey. She is very sweet and I have learned lots about hair living with her. One day she will have long curly red hair, and the next short strait black hair, Its amazing all they do with wigs and weaving and braiding. Its been a long day so I'm off to relax. Sorry this is a very random blog entry lots to share and right now I to tired to put lots of thought into it. Have a great weekend. I love you all. Be blessed and be a blessing -Erin

0 comments: