My kids are back! I have missed them so much and have loved getting to catch up with them. I am also already exhausted after only 3 days with them, but loving every min. (so far). God has been giving me great opportunities already with the kids to get down to a spiritual level with them so please pray that as I continue to work with them that I can be sensitive to their needs, and be the example they need.

This is the Beautiful Paris Guthrie. She is one of the new students this year. We have heard that she is both 3 and 4 years old, but I don't know which age she really is. Both her parents are deaf so she has the advantage of coming in already knowing basic signs. So far she is treated like a queen by the other kids and they do whatever she asks. We will see how long that lasts.:)

This is Jonathan another new student. He doesn't yet have a language and it doesn't seem to bother him. He is thus far (usually) in his own world and when I have (at times) tried to instruct him he turns away, and if I make him stop and try to instruct him he usually ends up closing his eyes. Please pray for him as he settles in as he seems to want to do his own thing and not listen to instruction. He is going to learn very quickly that here he will need to listen to authority.

Moeisha and Brittana playing candy land

Kadene and Jessimar playing connect four

Raymond and Tevaughn playing trouble

Maleak and Jessimar playing with trucks
Please pray as the rest of the students come in through the week and for the teachers as they settle into their routines. Have a great day. I love you.
Be blessed and be a blessing
Erin
1 comments:
Aww, yay! I am glad the kids are back and they look like they are enjoying all your hard work in the library!! ;)
I got the letter you sent back to me, thanks, that was so sweet!!
You're in my prayers.
Post a Comment