Thankfully I have this week work team free to settle back into life and a routine (that word used very lightly) before work team season starts on Sat. with 2 teams coming in.
I had transitioned into life in the states doing my best to remember to flush the toilet after I used it and throwing out the little JA saying "if its yellow let it mellow if its brown flush it down" After the first few days I didn't question my turns so much on the road and I quit hitting the gear shift when I was trying to use the blinker. I started looking out for deer/coons/ and other wildlife on the road while I was driving at night instead of looking out for people. I started to communicate more with my mouth and less with my hands. It was nice to get out and walk to enjoy the parks and sidewalks and if there was not a side walk I felt free to walk along the street and not have to be ready to jump in the bushes with every passing car. I started to show up for things on time and people would actually be there ready to do whatever it was we had planned to do, and for the most part once plans were set they where not changed.
Now I am transitioning back to island life where I hurry up and wait, the only guarantee down here is that plans whatever they are and however long ago you made them WILL change, I am now back to talking with my hands more then my mouth, I have yet to drive but am sure I will now hit the windshield wipers a few times when I try to use my turn signal, and I will have to start watching out for people on the roads (and the random goat, dog, cow).
Time to go play with the Kiddos!
1 comments:
just when you get used to one thing it changes on ya
Post a Comment