Sunday, June 21, 2009

Meet Briarwood Pres.

This is Briarwood Pres. from Birmingham Alabama. This was an AMAZING team in so many ways. For the most part they were left to fend for themselves since both Kirk and my Focus was on getting their family what was needed. This team was so helpful, they were hard workers, and great with the kids. I was sorry I didn't get to spend as much time as I liked with them, but with the two days I was given I was able to get to know a few but because of the size of there team not very many at all.
Linda Norton was also here with a small group helping out the team. I have gotten to work with her many different times. She was here on a P.O.T. team when we were doing our interviewing down here two years ago. She is also involved in many different ministries on the island and its always fun to meet up and catch up with her.
This has become a common occurrence. I bought a chair from the factory thinking how nice it would be to sit outside and read or just relax but 9 times out of 10 when I go out to use my chair this is what I find. Work teams, Students, Staff, Random People are always in my chair. Sometimes taking, sometimes sleeping, sometimes just hanging out. I'm thinking I am going to have to get another one for my use but know if I do that it will just end up being used like the one I have now is:)
Before the team left Yesterday Patrick one of the youth pastors on the team prayed and in his prayer he said something that really made me stop. He prayed "Thank you for the opportunity to lean on you today". He was talking about leaning on God for a safe travel day but in my mind with all the business that statement really made me stop. I know God is always there and I can lean on Him but do I see it as an opportunity? That is something I am going to have to start working on.


1 comments:

sarah said...

Um, yay for Alabama.... and I'm totally going to steal your chair if I ever make it back to KP.