This is a random post but I have a lot of down time for now that I have been blessed with to catch up on blogging, get laun
dry done, donations sorted and hopefully distributed soon.
dry done, donations sorted and hopefully distributed soon.
St. Paul UMC was the team that was here at KP with us in between my stays at JDV(after Ted's team before the Goodfield team). They were a good group of first timers. They truly enjoyed big tree. I have never seen a team or any persons spend so much time up in a tree. Here is what else I have been doing with my time...
a family graciously donated shoes for all our students and staff. My job to go around and get every ones size. ( A very good and Humbling job for me since I HATE FEET!) They sent a shoe sizer the only problem was it was a child size so my feet fit into it but half of my kids did not.
so it took some creativity to get shoe sizes for those who didn't know what size they wore, and their feet were to big for the shoe sizer. We had to try a few different ways ie: measuring with a ruler. They shoes are to arrive by the end of the month so hopefully the sizes are right!
These last few weeks a crew of 4 was back down from Goshen College. This time it was a film crew doing a documentary on Pastor Damian, his wife Felicia, and CCCD. They had the lights, cameras, microphones, and everything else you can imagine. One Sunday as they were taping a church services over at JDV they came up to me and wanted me to wear a mic. while I was voicing so the camera could hear my voice over all the ambient noises. I was NOT okay with this and thankfully was able to talk myself out of having to use it:)
Thats all I can think of for now and Drew just woke up so I should go.
Blessings
0 comments:
Post a Comment