Sunday, October 21, 2007

Hello From Sunny Jamaica

Hi everyone! I pray that you are all having a most wonderful weekend. I just wanted to let you know I got here safely last night around 8. I got into my apt, and was greeted by by two roomates for the night (lizards). My apt is new and so things are still being worked out, but as of now I have no hot water or water pressure (other then a constant trickle). Hopefully after monday that will change and for now there is the grandhouse (the work teams living quarters) for taking showers. So many blessing already. God is so good. I don't have the right cable to hook my computer up to the internet so I am using nicholases. As soon as I get that I will put on the pictures of my new place. Thanks for all your prayers they are truly felt and appriciated. The plattners and I went to JDV (jamacian deaf village) for church today and i was blessed with the opportunity to see friends and hear God's word. Have a great day. I love you.
be blessed and be a blessing -Erin-

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Glad to hear you arrived safely. I'm excited to see a picture of your apartment. Is there room for Adam and I to stay with you? Although my weekend wasn't as exciting as yours, I did get to go on a date with Adam...that was fun! We'll keep prayin.

megs said...

erin- this was my first opportunity to read through all of your blog. i'm supposed to be studying for my two tests and writing a paper. oops. instead i sit here w/ tears rolling down my face, knowing that God has you RIGHT where He wants you, and you are so willing to be there. even if it IS hard, leaving everything you've known.... everything that's SO familiar and being dumped into something that's (relatively) new.

what a blessing you will be to that little island we both love my dear!! i miss you so much. i get my comfort in knowing that you're doing your part to go into all the corners of the world and preach the gospel!! WHAT A BLESSING!! give me love to everyone at JDV. tell marvin and ionda i will come hurt them if they aren't nice to you. :) tell ms. veronica and ms. erica i can't wait to come back for their AMAZING cooking. give the "baby dogs" kisses for me! (EWW NO!! just say hi! :D) oh yes and brianna, denae, and phobie- give them LOTS and LOTS of kisses i bet they're all getting SO big!

well, i think this is long enough.... many prayers for you and everyone down there... we miss you all so very much!

much love from IL,
megs

ps- that lovely picture we took that you sent me is now the background on my computer so i say a prayer for you EVERYTIME i'm on. (and that's been a LOT w/ all these projects and papers and junk :D) but i don't mind at all... not one bit!!

Holly said...

Definitely want to see pictures. When I went to your grandparents' house, they were just like "what are we going to do without Erin?". It was so sweet! Love and miss you!