Hello Everyone. I pray that GOD is blessing your day. SO another update the entire day after I accepted yet another job I just became more and more and more burdened by it. It so bad that I knew the next day I was going to have to go and talk to Mrs. d (the Principal) again and tell we have to work something different out i just don't have a peace. I really struggled with this because she is the one person who has been a rock and there for me every step of my stay here and she is the one person i hated letting down. It was completely my fault because I tried to take on this HUGE responsibility with out going to GOD first in prayer. so the next morning I crawled into her office poured out my heart and apologized for not talking to GOD first before I told her i would take the teachers place. She just let me cry on her shoulder then gave me the kick in the pants i needed scolding me for taking on to much when I know my own limit. She has been the one who has been hounding me to make sure i am not over doing it and then when i did over do it she was the one i had to let down and I sure don't like that. There was just no possible way i could teach full time along with being (soon) the sole hostess for the work teams while kirk and keri spend time in MoBay working with work teams. We got it all worked out and I will help as much as I can with the class but I still have my other responsibilities and my down time that is much needed. Also this has been a week of travels I have spent 3 of the 6 days this week traveling around the island (NOT FUN!) Wednesday Kirk and I went to MoBay to get our passports stamped for an extension (because our paper work is still not processed) so we get there they look at the dates of our immigration forms and tell us to come back on Monday! we were 5 days to soon! they can only stamp it the week before you are set to leave and we are okayed till the 18th of January. YES WE LOVE THE QUIRKS OF JAMAICA! We have also had a very interesting group from CSUN (California State University Northridge) they are a Major collage for the Deaf and Deaf Ed majors so the group is made up of the deaf, hard of hearing, interpreters, all amazing signers. so much so that the kids come up to me and tell me they sign so fast i don't understand what they are saying! They have been a great group to get to know VERY diverse. We didn't know were they stood in their beliefs so we tried to be the best example we could. Ok i am now late for our weekly meeting with the team to see what the highs and lows of the week are and what we as the hosts can do to better the experience. Have a great weekend. I love you and miss you very much. O for all you kingston goers YES! i am still meeting you there in march i would not miss it for the world. That was one of the dates I gave mrs d before the entire teacher thing. its the kids spring break so no problem mon:) I"m so excited. 50th week also starts tomorrow we are expecting 30-40 people to arrive tomorrow alone (plus all those coming later and who are already here) its gonna be great! I have loved hearing the stories and experiences but that's to share for another time. Be blessed and be a blessing. -Erin-
Friday, January 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment