Friday, November 7, 2008

Sea Container

Sunday Night Chad and I drove into MoBay so we would be ready bright and early to start distributing the sea container... then we got the call that we would not be able to get the sea container on Monday so we...
Hung out at the MoBay campus with all the rain there was a huge build up at the lowest point of the campus and it knocked down about an 80' solid piece of block wall foundation and all. God is truly POWERFUL!
Since we didn't have the sea container Monday we went visiting. First we went to the Falmoth infirmary and this man was cutting down the bread fruit tree with a machete.
The bread fruit that was then picked up to be cooked
The residents watching as they cut down the tree.
Finally Tuesday afternoon we got our passes and were able to collect our sea container

Unloading and Reloading trucks to make our first delivery in the rain.
It was brought to my attention that I was standing in a puddle and that it was very quickly getting deeper.

Our first delivery at St. James Infirmary
My friends who always greet me with a hug and a hello when I go to visit the infirmary.
Once we unloaded at St. James and loaded up again we were off to Hopewell and Pastor Bucknor's home
Unloading the truck in Hopewell. This was a challenging delivery as you can see the first level was at the top of the truck. there were lots of steps to go up to put the donations away.
Ron chatting with Pastor Bucknor
Once we delivered Hopewells we were off to Brother Bob's New Beginnings

Dropping off supplies at New Beginnings

I praise God for allowing me this experience. I met some great people and had some fantastic conversations. But after a week in Hot Mobay I am very thankful to be back home in cool cool Mandeville. Have a great weekend. I love you

Be blessed and be a blessing

Erin

4 comments:

Kristy said...

Hey...nice flip-flops ;) Miss you!

Meg said...

i love seeing the work you are doing for Him. Enjoy your weekend, and thanks for documenting your journey so we can all feel more a part of it:) love u

sarah said...

I had a dream about Jamaica last night. And when I woke up I wanted to go RIGHT NOW! But I can't. Love you!

megs said...

guess what sarah? i had a dream about jamaica too, it wasn't last night but i had a dream that i saw sheldon and we hung out!! miss you erin!!