Tuesday, April 3, 2012

April Fools

This week I have a team from Highland Park Church.
They are a FUN group. Sunday morning the leaders informed their
students that I had a contact at Sandals resort and that during slow
weeks they would sometimes contact me and let me bring the team
I had to the resort for an all inclusive afternoon. AND that Sandals
just called me and their team got to go. They kids were SO excited.
So they all packed there bags and took them to church so we could leave
from there.
All the drive to church I heard about all the kids would eat and how
there possibly might even be free dolphin rides!
Very Exciting!
Sunday after church the Team leaders informed the students
that YES, there was free dolphin rides at Sandals.
They got even more excited!

Then the leaders turned to me to have me explain any
last min. details before we left church.
I then informed the team that Sandals just called back and
said: "April Fools"

The students didn't get it... "So there are no free dolphin rides?...
or we aren't going to sandals?.... But we brought all our swim
stuff so.... the "April Fools" must be the April Fools."
When they students ended up back at KP after church...some were
not so happy about this little trick. Some chose not to talk to the
leaders for the rest of the afternoon.

I thought it was Funny. But felt bad breaking their hearts
as I informed them I really don't have a contact at Sandals.:)

3 comments:

sarah said...

Thaaaat's funny!! I probably would have been a little ticked if I was them too! But I would've still talked to you:)

Sara said...

I love this! Sorry to be missing the trip this year!

Kristy said...

hahahaa! you are so bad! =)