Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Quiet

You may think that living and working at a deaf school that
life would be quiet.... its actually anything but quiet:) 

To "get away" as soon as I come home I put in ear plugs,
ear buds, headphones, anything to block out as much 
noise as possible happening around me.
 This Jan. when the audiologist were here they filled my 
ears with goo to make a mold so they could make me 
ear plugs.  (I am so blessed!) The feeling was incredible. 
With the "goo" in both my ears I got to experience
 what it was like to be deaf. I had the audiologists standing
 2 feet in front of me talking and I couldn't hear a thing they said.
It was a very cool experience and I loved it!
 The completed ear mold impressions.
When the audiologist came back in March they brought
with them my new ear buds. I was a little disappointed that
they didn't completely block out everything, but they 
do help and I wear them often!

Praise Jesus for things that help us "get away".

1 comments:

sarah said...

looks squishy! maybe not, but all of a sudden it sounded fun to use the word squishy:)