Friday, April 11, 2008

Seeing Sash


Yesterday I had the opportunity to drive down to Mesa and visit a very good friend of mine from JA. Sashania grew up going to CCCD KP where I live and work and I had the privileged to get to work with and get to know her as we became very good friends even though we only had a few months together. In Jan. of this year she was "adopted" into a family here in AZ so she could go to collage here in the states. I had gotten to go through a big part of the process with Sash in JA as she prepared to move up to the states. She helped me out so much adjusting to life in JA and I answered as many questions as I could for her about American culture and what college life was like in the states. It was so good to see her and just to see that she was ok and with a great family that is providing for her and helping her grow as a person, educationally, and spiritually. I know how much it means to me to be able to see familiar faces of those I love as I continue my journey in JA so I was thankful that I could come down here and give her a familiar face from home and answer all her questions. I think this jumping down to AZ for a few days may become a regular visit when I am in the states it was just so good to see her:). Okay I need to go get ready for some 4-wheeling in the dessert. As I was not thinking and put on shorts to go hiking yesterday and came back with my legs looking like cactus they had so many needles stuck in them:) you live and learn right! Have a great day I love you very much. Be blessed and be a blessing -Erin-

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.