Thank You! to everyone who called, sent cards, emails, sang and embarrassed me horribly. I truly appreciate all of you who helped me celebrate my birthday. In Jamaica it is a custom/tradition/prank (whatever you want to call it) to get water thrown in your face then people come out and throw fist fulls of flour in your face. So all day sat. I was waiting for it knowing enough of the deaf (the ornery ones) knew it was my birthday. Thankfully I got through the day without a face full of flour and only once close call with me begging Ms. Pamela when she found out to have mercy on me and not to throw flour in my face:) I lost count of how many times I was sung to (turning bright red and trying to escape from the room). I love how much relationships matter down here. So many deaf would pull me aside to wish me happy birthday privately or give me a card or what ever but they want to do it in person and just so you know how special you are in their lives. I was truly humbled by everyone down here. About 10 at night i thought i had made it through it all and was in bed praying when a knock came at my door and Keri informed me that Felicia wanted to see me about Sunday school papers (that we had already talked about?....) So I kind of had a feeling something was coming then walking over to the other house its kind of hard to have the deaf throw you a surprise party when they can't hear you coming so someone has to stand at the door and watch and because it was dark they could not tell for sure who it was till i was right there by the door then that one person runs in to tell everyone to hide so I could see them all lay down on benches or get behind tables real quick. They are just the best down here and they were so excited to jump out and sign SURPRISE. They had made me a beautiful cake and WOW. I don't know how I got blessed with such a great friends down here but I praise GOD for each one of them. I hope you are all having a great week. Its been cool and rainy. Not good for the Princeville Sunday school who came to work. God knows best!
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Blessed Beyond Words
Be blessed and be a blessing.
-Erin-
Posted by Erin at 11:35 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment