Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Past Week

Sheldon, Felicia, Phoebe, Damian, Blake, Brianna, Erica, Trishana, Letricia, Damion
I feel like I have just lived a month in one week. A week ago yesterday. Blake flew in for a week,(to visit his family down here) but missed his morning flight so his ride on this end was not able to pick him up. Because of this I was running around like a crazy person trying to get a ride set up for him from Mobay to Mandeville. Once that was done I headed over to the great house because our 4 Goshen girls where leaving and I needed to clean up after them, and then set up for the audiologists that were to arrive sometime this week (we didn't know when). On my way over to clean up after the girls, I got a call informing me that the girls where not leaving, but that the rest of their group was coming to knockpatrick for a few days, and that I needed to set up accommodations for 16 more people! So I started running around doing that. Thankfully two of my girls where around that could help me before we sat down for our bible study. I then had a down day (Sunday, Praise Jesus!)) before my final week began. Whenever I am going to be gone (for any length of time) the last week is a cram week trying to get everything put together as much as possible for when I am gone. I get daily emails/calls reminding me of all the things I can't forget to do. I would say by Monday afternoon I had about a good 2 weeks worth of work to do on my list. The Audiologists showed up Tuesday and so I was with them doing whatever was needed for the next two days. I praise God that I was still able to spend my normal scheduled time with my kids. I hate to throw off their routine to much. I want to keep as much structure in their lives as possible. They had a special goodbye chapel for me on Friday, and it was great. Part of the deaf culture "fun" is mimicking people and how they act then everyone guesses who they are acting out. So I had a few different staff members and students get up and "play" Erin. It was fun to watch. The hands and praise then got up and made me cry as they ministered to us all. I tried to pack up as much as possible but now that I sit in Mobay I realize what an AWFUL job I did as I continually can't find things I need... like a toothbrush. Yesterday a bus full of us drove into Mobay to enjoy the campus here a while. Today we had a special Christmas service for the students before they leave on Christmas holiday this Friday. There was a group that came with us from JDV Church, and did a great job with Clowns, Songs, and Dramas. And now after a week of complete chaos, very little sleep, and a very long list of things to do. I have nothing. After dropping Blake off at the airport, and saying goodbye to the group from JDV... I had time to take a nap... and it was great! I now have 4 days to relax, and prepare my heart to come back to the frozen yuckiness of central IL. I hope you have a great week, and I will do my best to soak up as much warmth and sunshine as I can to bring back with me to the states!
I love you
Blessings
Erin

1 comments:

megs said...

do i get to see you while you're back in the states? i really hope so!!