Friday, January 30, 2009

My Day With Ashley

Today Ashley is sick so she came to stay with me since she was not able to go to day care and both her parents work. After 2 years of non nannying I had almost forgotten how much goes into staying home with kids all day... especially sick ones that can't get comfortable.
I think this was about the only time she let me put her down without getting upset. I borrowed some toys from the Plattners (Keri I will disinfect and clean them all before returning) and this one was a good diversion for about 5 min before she realized I had gone into the next room.
So she sat and we listened to songs and looked at pictures on the computer awhile

then I needed to get some work done so she helped me take twice as long to email what was needed.
then that wasn't fun any more and she was getting very tired
then snuggling while sitting down was no longer acceptable so we stood up.
and finally she was out!
I hope you are having a Great Christ Centered Day.
Blessings


2 comments:

Kirk and Keri Plattner said...

Sick kids do make for a long day! Bless you for taking her for the day. I'm glad you got some of our toys for her.

Kristy said...

so sweet :)