Thursday, January 8, 2009

New Roomies

I am happy to say the mice around KP now like to make themselves at home in my home. One night last week (same as tonight) When the work day is said and done and the work team is in for the night. I try to relax and begin my social life via the Internet. Last week as I was sitting in my chair a mouse came out to play on my carpet so I watched it enjoy itself for a while and I had no motivation to actually get up and catch it so I called my neighbors for a glue trap (They are now on my must get list). I added some peanut butter then sat back down and continued working. About an hour later my friend came out again and got stuck on my glue pad. I then had put it in a butter dish and carried it out to the garbage can. Then tonight As I sat catching up on computer work another friend came down the step from the Kitchen to the Living Room and went to play. Once I found some motivation (its been a very long day) I once again got up and went over to the neighbors ( I now owe the Platters some glue traps) and got another glue trap, and now I sit and wait for my little friend to come out so that I can put him in another dish and put it out of my house.
Come Out Come Out Wherever You Are!

2 comments:

sarah said...

Yer funnie. (Trying to type with a southern accent is a lot more challenging than talking with it.) Sounds like my childhood growing up in a farmhouse surrounded by fields. I think once we caught 36 mice in one month during the winter. Or maybe it was 36 all winter long. One month sounds better though so we'll go with that.

Kristi said...

Oh my goodness. Erin you know how I would do if I had furry friends around. I can't hardly handle the teenie tiny bugs. Actually funny story, I found out then when Jared and I got home from our honeymoon, we had three mice in one glue trap, two of them still alive. Jared immediately saw it and said "honey, would you like to go to dinner." We went to dinner, and his dad came and got rid of them because they figured I would have trouble if I saw three mice on my first night in this house. Needless to say, I've never seen a mouse in this house. :)