Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I should know better...

This afternoon it got to the point that I was once again looking for something to do...
I started going through my cupboards and found cornmeal and corn bread sounded good so I figured I could make corn muffins... and I did. Once they were done I put them on wax paper to cool off thinking I would come back later to put them away...
when I came back later there were ants EVERYWHERE! It was out of control. I was a little frustrated with myself because I should know better by now NOT to leave food on the counter for any length of time without putting it in SOMETHING. At first I tried picking the ants off and putting the muffins away (gross I know but I was going to try to save what I could). The top fell off of one of the muffins and ants where crawling around inside the muffins. Gross Gross Gross! Then I looked over at the bag I was putting muffins in and ants were all over the inside of the bag. I guess I didn't get ALL the ants off before putting them in the bag...
So all the muffins were moved to the garbage bag.
Then there was this mess that was left from making those muffins...

THANKFULLY



I lost motivation after the first pan came out and was set to cool so I left these in the pan to cool leaving me with some ant free muffins. Yay!

2 comments:

sarah said...

You are hilarious. You must be really bored because you bake and post on your blog all day long:)

Kristy said...

Man, what a bummer! All that hard work gone to waste. Reminds me of my first work trip to Jamaica. I woke up one morning to hear the ladies talking in the kitchen: "oh, no! There's bugs all over in this pancake mix, what do we do"?? another ladie replied: "oh, we'll just sift them out & still use it, no one will ever know" I didn't eat much that morning, needless to say... :)