This is Tom Cooney. Wow what an interesting and Godly man he is. He works with the youth ministry organization called team effort, and I had the opportunity to work with and learn a little of his story last week.
Tom is deaf and worked as a sports writer for many years interviewing (i think he said) around 1500 different athletes and other famous people. He met with Helen Keller and went to her house at the age of 9, has met and visited with the last 6 presidents, has a poster filled with about 50 pictures of him and well known actors, presidents, athletes, and others that he has interviewed over the years. The cool thing about his poster... In all the 1500 plus interviews he did he only put on the pictures of him with those who made the effort to communicate with him. Those who tried to sign. When he was telling me about all this I found it very cool how he was blessed with so many opportunities to meet and interview those people to be a light and example to them. When I told him this he is like its not about me... I need to stay humble... Its all for the Glory of God. Amen Brother! Tom has also started Lily (Lord I Love You) the Love Frog Inc. (www.lilythelovefrog.org)

This team came through Team Effort.
Team Effort has sent 3 teams down this year two working here at KP and one working in MoBay. This Group came all the way from PA, they had beautiful servant hearts, and I learned a lot from them (how to make home made Ravs! YUM! Pictures to come...)
1 comments:
Sounds like a really cool guy! And those ravs sound really good.
Post a Comment