Thursday, September 3, 2009

Day of Prayer

Yesterday we had our day of prayer to start off the school year. How great would it be if EVERY school started off their year with a day that the entire staff comes to together for HOURS of worship. How greatly things would change if the year was given to the Lord instead of trying to keep HIM out. Yesterday was filled with singing praises, sharing testimonies, listening to Pastor Waugh sharing with us how Daddy is watching us from heaven and is desiring that we come and ask him the desires of our heart. How God desires a relationship with us wanting to be our best friend the one we RUN to in all circumstances. Then we spent hours in prayer. Lifting up our students, staff, board members, MoBay, Kingston, JDV, KP schools, sponsors, and other requests that where brought forth through the day. A very very very cool day. This was my first prayer meeting as last year I was not here when they had their day of prayer. They put me to shame as they praised and worshiped with their ENTIRE heart. They cried out to the Lord knowing He would hear their cries. At times the prayers were so personal as hearts were laid out before God that I felt a little like I shouldn't be there listening. Praise God for His daily Provisions and getting us to this point.
Thanks Thanks I give HIM Thanks for ALL the JOY in my Life.
I am SO BLESSED my soul is at REST O Lord I give you THANKS!

2 comments:

Julia DesCarpentrie said...

Praying with my co-laborers is one of my favorite things about being a missionary! We have 2 full days of prayer a year, plus the weekly department prayer time, etc. Prayer is amazing in how it not only connects us with our Father, but also deepens our connection with each other! Praying for you :)

sarah said...

Very cool about the prayer day. Bummer about your name. (I just read it) Still trying to make do with no internet at home so my e-mail/blog/facebook using has been very sporatic the past few days. Love you!