Today my sign name was changed for me and its a little sad. I have had that sign name since I have started signing but now that Eteal is here as a teacher and has the same sign name one of us had to change so others were not confused. Since she is the deaf one she kept hers and mine was changed. For those of your who don't know what a sign name is its a way to identify a person(their own personal sign) without having to spell their name out every time you use their name. Mine has always been an E off to the side of my mouth (originally given to me in the sign of embarrassed because I used to turn red real easy). All my kids, staff, friends, know me by that name. If I spelled out my name to them 90% wouldn't know who I was talking about (most of them spell out Emily or Eric when they try to spell my name:)but if I used me sign name then they all know. And now it has been changed... I know it should really not be that big of deal but it kinda is knowing my name has just been changed to a name no one yet knows me by (the E sign over my heart). Now I need to change my mindset to recognize that as my name as well.
O the Joy of Signing!
0 comments:
Post a Comment