Thursday Morning at breakfast Dr. Buzz and fam. informed me
since they would probably finish up with the kids that day that
Friday they wanted a free day. Okay I thought, I will just take them
to Y.S. like we do all the other teams... only problem was Y.S. was
closed since it was holiday weekend (Monday is labor day) so
we started asking around for different options they could do since
they really didn't want to go to the beach. The Black River Safari
was suggested and thats what they decided to do.
since they would probably finish up with the kids that day that
Friday they wanted a free day. Okay I thought, I will just take them
to Y.S. like we do all the other teams... only problem was Y.S. was
closed since it was holiday weekend (Monday is labor day) so
we started asking around for different options they could do since
they really didn't want to go to the beach. The Black River Safari
was suggested and thats what they decided to do.
Friday morning was beautiful as we loaded the bus and droveto Black River. I had never been before but Praise God I found it
easy enough. Finding the safari took some time though as we
drove through Black River... didn't see it, had to turn around
and ask directions before finding ourselves at
Ire Safari!Once on our pontoon we went out on the river and our
tour guide, Omar, started giving us the History of Black River
it was the first city in Jamaica to get electricity, it even had
electricity before New York City, because something was found
at Black River that was used to make ink.
As Omar was giving us his spiel on the history of Black Riverour boat kept moving closer and closer to these trees FULL of
egrets nests, also part of the tour, and as he continued to talk
about Black River and the egrets, we got closer and closer to these
nests and all these birds. As you can see from the picture (that was
not zoomed in on) we were close and the entire time I was telling
myself don't freak out... don't freak out... don't freak out... don't freak
out. Finally his spiel about the birds was done and we moved on.
Thank You Jesus!
and these mangrove trees. They are so coolin how they grow down towards the water
and they just keep branching off and growing
until they reach the water. And they just float
and tangle themselves together so they don't fall
over. Very Cool.
Then we saw some of these
American Crocodiles are common on the Black Riverit looks like our tour guide Omar is getting his arm
eaten when really he is just "playing" with the croc
while he feeds it chicken parts:)






1 comments:
Hi,
This is a wonderful blog! I enjoyed reading through it and admire your photography skills. I would like to introduce your blog to the readers of travel blog I maintain. It is based on the theme -fun, food and travel and includes guest blogging as it main feature. Please contact me for more details.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Dharm
Post a Comment