Monday, May 30, 2011

Blue Mountain Hike

We have been planning a Blue Mountain hike for months.
It started in Jan.... and because of busy schedules 5 months
later we were finally able to go.
Saturday afternoon I met up with this group in Kingston
and we drove up to the "2nd base" of the Blue Mountains.
A little before 5 we parked loaded up and took off for the
summit. Holy Cow... I am out of shape!
walking up to the 3rd base
part of the trail
the last picture Sat. night as we took a break to enjoy
the view before we walked the last leg to our camp arriving at
around 10 to try and sleep for a few hours.
We were up and hiking again at 2 Sunday morning
to reach the summit by sunrise. The boys were ready to go...
Tashi and I were ready to go back to bed:)

now the pictures get out of order
hikingstopping to take pictures
more hiking....

Plants we passed

Mountain Views
The Sunrise
Made it to the summit at 5:05 a.m.
stopping for a pic on the way down
Working my way down to the 3rd base
At the 3rd base and getting ready to walk the last leg
back to the bus to take us home.
and back to the bus around noon on Sunday.

Praise Jesus for a great safe weekend of hiking!
Praise Jesus that today I am Not sore:)

1 comments:

Kristy said...

These pics are AMAZING, Erin D!!! Love ya :) Countin' down the days 'til I get to see you again!!! :D