Monday, May 23, 2011

Happy Labor Day

Today is Labor Day in Jamaica, and Yes its a national holiday
down here so most people are off work, BUT instead of going
to work at their normal jobs people do acts of community
service around the areas they live
For example: the picture above.
There were multiple little crews of guys mixing cement
and filling pot holes in the road. They then put big branches,
flowers, or cement blocks over the areas so cars would not
drive over them and mash them up. I also saw some giving
a fresh coat of paint to the cross walks and other road markings,
and here at KP people came in to plant fruit trees for us.
We now have new mango, apple, grape, and leeche trees!

What did I do on this Sunny Holiday?
I went to the beach for a few hours.
(Our goal was 4 hours but God knew that with the old
sunscreen I used that 2.5 hours was all my whitey
body could take before getting miserably burnt.)
with these fun people. Then we went to Jack Sprat for
pizza before heading home.

Thanks Jesus for Fun Day!

0 comments: