Tuesday, March 4, 2008

God Smiling

Kadene Sutton & Laverne Anderson
Good Morning Everyone!
I would like to share an experience I had last night when I was spending time with the kids. I have my "spot" that I always go and sit at after supper and sometimes I just sit and watch and sometimes one will come to be held or need someone to pay attention to them or just listen to what they have to say.
So last night I was sitting in my spot and Kadene Sutton came and sat down by me. Kadene is a very special child of God. I don't know all her disabilities. I think she can hear some but mentally she is not all there. She is 15 and still in the very first preprimer (preschool) class. She has constant joy and you can tell by hearing her shouts through out the day, and her constant smile. She does not sign much but at least 10-20 times a day she will ask me my name by signing the simple sign of name, and after she signs name she signs color, because she likes to come to the library after school to color pictures. SO last night as I was sitting there all a sudden she just starts voicing (in squeals and yells) and continues to do so for a good 5 min. At this point I looked over at here and saw her hands moving as she was using her voice and randomly signs would be said and after watching her for a while I realized she was SINGING! Praise Him Praise Him Praise Him in the Morning Praise Him in the noontime Praise Him when the sun goes down. Over and Over and Over she sang this simple song of Praise to the Lord putting her entire heart into it. Watching her I felt so humbled and in awe of her child like faith. It also made me think of how God was sitting up in Heaven right at that moment smiling at the Praise His child was giving to HIM. She may not be all there mentally, and she may be looked down upon by others because of her disabilities, but through it all Kadene has Joy and even better then that she knows how to Praise the Lord! What a Blessing! Thanks so much for letting me share. I hope you have a great day. Be blessed and be a blessing -Erin-

3 comments:

Brooke said...

What a sweet story; a sweet girl. I am sure it was even more moving in person.

Love you!

sarah said...

Awww, that is a sweet story. And, um, 3 days and counting.

Anonymous said...

Hmm is anyone else encountering problems with the images on this blog loading?

I'm trying to figure out if its a problem on my end or if it's the blog.
Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

my page: free bet codes