Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patricks Day

Good Monday Afternoon. I hope you are having a great day. I had NO idea that it was St. Pats day until my cousin emailed me a picture of her daughter dressed up in her green 4 leaf clover shirt. (Thanks Stacie)! Holidays get passed down here with no second thought for the most part unless someone emails me pictures or are emailing me because they are off school/work. I have a work team of 10 here right now but because my kids are gone the day is going slow. I have spent my day catching up and trying to learn cued speech! What a great new challenge. Nicole Cannell (the speech pathologist) was here last week and wanted to try this down here with the kids and to able to help the kids learn and apply it i have to learn it myself. Cued speech consists of 8 different hand positions at 5 different locations on the face and two different movements. (did i lose any of you?) its very interesting and its supposed to help with reading comprehension so I am will to give it a try. Ok i just needed a break from holding my hand (arm) at a 45 degree angle for a while while i practiced my cueing. I am now working on sentences:) the fun never stops. Back to work... Be blessed and be a blessing -Erin-

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi

I would to know the technique that is used by Nicole, the speech therapist. Could you advise as I have a stammering problem.

Thank you.
Fred