Monday Morning about 10 Chad, Kirk and I left for another ACWR Touring. Because of my responsibilities at the school this was the first one I was able to join them on. Our first stop was at the Jamaican Christian School for the Deaf. It was neat to see another deaf school on the island outside of CCCD. And its nice to meet people with the same goals and passions as you since we all work in deaf ministry.
Two Students at JCSD
Pre-primary students at JCSDAfter we toured JCSD we then went to Blossom Garden a children's home in MoBay. It is one of two orphanages in MoBay that accepts kids 5 and under. I have been to this orphanage many times and it is one of my favorite places to serve. I love getting to hold the babies and spend time with all the kids there. Its never easy leaving but I praise God for each opportunity that I get to go and visit. They asked us not to take any pictures while we were there so we respected there wishes. Next we were off to Pastor Buckner's home to visit a while with him and his wife. While visiting the Buckner's I received a nice collection of bug bites all over my legs (15+ in about a 1/2 hour!)
Tuesday we got up and started making our rounds again we started off with Falmouth Infirmary (another place I have visited many times and just love!)
This Amazing Women was Boiling cloths at the infirmary to stop all spread of sickness
Chad lead devotions at the falmouth infirmary
Then we sang lots and lots of praises to our Great Lord. This man accompanied our singing with his harmonica (he did a great job too!)We then drove to one of the primary schools we support, and it also happens to be the same primary school that Usian Bolt went to growing up. So the head mistress was more then ready to share Usian stories with us. (If you don't know Usian Bolt he just broke records in running in the 08 Olympics and brought a lot of pride to the country)
One of the class rooms at the primary school
After we toured the school some students came in and we all sang some songs together.From the primary school it was decided that we should try a "short cut" through the bush of Jamaica to our next stop. So we gave it a try... and even though we asked just about every passer by if we were going the right way... and even though we made a few wrong turns.. we got to see some of God's beautiful creation!
Our road through the bush of Jamaica
Our road becoming a little wet but we still made it through (3 or 4 times trying to find the right road:))
Then at times our roads became like this... I don't know that you could even call this a road any more it looks like a creek to me... This one we didn't try to go through because we couldn't see an end to it.Once we finally made it back to civilization again Chad called Mr. Jones ( who we were supposed to be meeting so he could show us how to get to our last stop) and he kept saying meet me at the sign post office... Well we were so confused we were not sure if we were getting it right with the patois he was speaking so we were looking for a post office sign. When we asked him where this sign was Mr. Jones replied in St. James... well St. James is a Parish (county) and there are MANY towns in a parish so we were still completely lost. Thankfully as we drove by this Mr. Jones flagged us down.
The sign post officeMr. Jones then lead us up the mountain to the Robins Nest. This is the 2nd orphanage in MoBay that accepts children 5 and younger. This children's home is owned and operated by an American women.
The view from Robin's Nest on top of the mountain.
This is Neil (one of the orphans) whom I instantly fell in love with and he clung to me the entire time. It broke my heart to have to leave him. We were both not very happy and crying when I had to go.I was blessed in so many ways through this trip and I praise God for each stop and opportunity that He gave me to learn and grow. Have a great day.
I love you.
Be blessed and be a blessing
Erin

0 comments:
Post a Comment