Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The ABC's Revised

Yesterday as I was working with some of my speech therapy kids, I am trying to assess where each of them are academically, and with their speech. A simplistic way I test them academically is I have cards with the ABC's on them I mix them all up and then ask them to simply but them in order. Yesterday this is a revised version a 13 year old boy gave me:
ABCDEFGHILFKJRPOQNMSTUVXWZY
He then looked at me asked me if its right that he was finished. I honestly didn't know what to say. 13 and he didn't know his ABC's. Then my next challenge was an 18 year old boy whom I gave the same task to. He didn't mess up the ABC's to the extreme as my first kid but he really struggled with the letters between k-p! So as of now my goal by the end of the term is to teach all my kiddos the ABC's.
Here are so random pictures from today
The seat of choice for the kids is on the bucket of the tractor
Truitt playing with some of the boys after school
Game Time after school with the kids.
Have a great Day, I love you
Be blessed and be a blessing
Erin



0 comments: