Friday, October 3, 2008

A Beautiful Day & Pudding

On this Friday God has blessed me with a beautiful day and a class to teach on milk.
I try to get creative so I can do more then just stand and write notes about milk for them to copy. I get board of teaching it so I am sure they get bored of listening to it. On Wednesday I taught about the uses of milk, one of which was to make puddings. So today we made some Jello instant Pudding.Mmmm...
These kids are supposed to be learning the proper technique for restaurant cooking not just home in your kitchen cooking. So before we got started we had to go through all the proper procedures of washing our hands (some of them wanted to go to the dorm to clip finger nails too but I didn't have the time with them to go to that extreme), put on our aprons and cover our hair, clean all our surfaces, make sure we had all the proper ingredients (aka milk, and pudding mix... check!), and to make sure we had all the utensils it takes to make instant pudding.

The kids took it very seriously one reading the directions, one adding the mix, 3 each pouring in one cup of milk, and another whisking it together. They were happy to do something other then take notes and of course were more then ready to eat their creation after it had spent its 5 min. in the fridge. Happy Eating!
Have a great weekend
Be blessed and be a blessing
Erin

0 comments: