Monday, July 6, 2009

Being Spoiled

My break has started and I am LOVING IT!
Yesterday in church I was able to sit and just enjoy the sermon for the first time in months. There were no hearing people that I needed to voice for, and Randy Sanders was there to preach for us and did a wonderful job feeding us. I was able to see and talk a little with Sheldon who is back from the states. He is such a fun guy and ALWAYS challenges me in my receptive skills. Its kinda fun and I am now always ready for the challenge as he approaches me with that very ornery look in his eye. I am hoping to also get to see and spend time with his wife Rachel who I believe is coming in next week. They are such an AMAZING couple who are surrendering their lives to God's use. Please pray for them as they have one more year of college in the states they will start off as missionaries to the deaf on one of the islands down here.
I have been blessed with such great friends down here this summer and now that both Tamara and I have an off week its nice to just spend the day hanging out doing whatever needs to be done or absolutely nothing if all the work is done:). I have been spoiled having her around and am not looking forward to when she leaves in a few weeks. Please keep her in your prayers as she goes back to the states July 17th. Please pray that she has a smooth transition back after being with us here on the island for 6 weeks.

0 comments: